Call 573-365-6407 for a Burn Permit
You must call each day you intend to burn
The following is a list of requirements that must be met in order to burn:
1. The wind must be below 10 miles per hour.
2. Humidity must be above 30%.
3. The temperature must be below 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. The fire must be attended at all times. The person must have a hose and rake with them to attend to the fire.
5. You can only burn yard waste. This includes leaves, branches and untreated wood. No plastics or other hydrocarbons can be burned.
6. The fire must be out by dark.
7. You must call for a burn permit on the day you wish to burn. You can not call to request a permit the day before you plan to burn.
8. When Red Flag conditions are announced by NOAA or the Missouri State Fire Marshal’s office issues a statewide burn ban, these will supercede requirements 1, 2 and 3 above.
9. Subjects are responsible for their controlled burn.
10. Fires must be at least 25 feet away from any structure.