Chief’s Blog 001 Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day is a time for words of reflection and gratitude for the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. Military.
“Let our mottoes be truth, justice and equality, and the heroes who died for us will never have been disgraced.” — Hon. John Peters, Bangor, May 30, 1868.
On this first weekend of the summer I want to remind everyone to be cautious and practice fire safety. Here are some tips:
- If grilling, always grill outdoors, at least 10 feet away from the house and deck railings, and out from under eaves
- Do not use charcoal grills on a combustible deck in a multifamily complex
- Never use gasoline on an open flame, whether in a grill, or an outdoor campfire
- Have a fire extinguisher within 10 feet of the grill
- Remember to dispose of smoking materials correctly, smoking is a the leading cause of fire deaths throughout the United States.