Call 573-723-1484 for a Burn Permit
You must call each day you intend to burn.
The following is a list of requirements that must be met in order to burn:
- The wind must be below 10 miles per hour.
- Humidity must be above 30%.
- The temperature must be below 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The fire must be attended at all times. The person must have a hose and rake with them to attend to the fire.
- You can only burn yard waste. This includes leaves, branches and untreated wood. No plastics or other hydrocarbons can be burned.
- The fire must be out by dark.
- You must call for a burn permit on the day you wish to burn. You can not call to request a permit the day before you plan to burn.
- When Red Flag conditions are announced by NOAA or the Missouri State Fire Marshal’s office issues a statewide burn ban, these will supercede requirements 1, 2 and 3 above.
- Subjects are responsible for their controlled burn.
- Fires must be at least 25 feet away from any structure.